Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 6 ears very young corn
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in the order given except for the eggs.
- 2. Separate the eggs, beating the yolks and adding them to the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them in last.
- Put the mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake for 35 minutes. Variation: For chicken and corn pudding, add 1 cup of cooked (preferably poached) chicken meat and omit the sugar.