Cooking a side dish like Green Beans Amandine from scratch is an adventure that yields amazing results. The flavor is exceptional. No frozen or pre-made product can compare to the quality of the homemade recipe.
- water, as needed
- 1 Cup whole raw almonds
- 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed, and strings removed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly-chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly-chopped thyme
- Begin by blanching the almonds. In a small saucepan, place 3 inches of water, and bring to a boil. Add the almonds and cook for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside for 3 minutes to cool.
- Remove the almonds from the water, squeeze each almond between your thumb and forefinger to remove the skin, and set them aside for 5 minutes to dry and cool. Using a sharp knife, split the almonds in half lengthwise, and set aside.
- Place the green beans in a large steamer basket and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer the steamed green beans to a large bowl.
- Season the green beans to taste with salt and pepper, toss gently, and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, place the olive oil and halved almonds, and cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the almonds are golden brown. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Pour the hot almond mixture over the green beans and toss well to thoroughly coat the beans with the mixture.
The Devil's Dentures are simply wonderful confections perfect for the Halloween season. The kiddies ...
The perfect spread for your bagel or toast in the Autumn or Winter months, Apple Maple Jam adds a gl...
Hot Sandwiches (Emparedados Calientes) are a Spanish treasure. Ideal for Tapas, lunch or dinner. T...
These delicious Keswick Hall Pistachio Madeleines are simply wonderful with afternoon tea, or served...