Green Apple Granita
Author: John Ash
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 1 Quart
- 2 pounds tart Gravenstein or Pippin apples
- 1 1/4 Cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Calvados, Applejack or dark rum
- Peel, seed and slice apples.
- Place in a heavy saucepan with the apple juice and sugar. Cover and cook over moderate heat until very tender (about 15 minutes).
- Process the apple mixture in a food processor until very smooth. Strain through a fine strainer pushing down on the solids to extract as much of the puree as possible. Stir in lemon juice and Calvados. Cool.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- This recipe yields 1 quart.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH