Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of granular sugar substitute (optional)
- 4 (5-ounce) chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 6 Cups torn romaine leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Cup Feta cheese, crumbled (4 ounces)
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, water, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar substitute. Adjust to taste.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Preheat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat. Brush the pan with oil and add the chicken. Cook for 12 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. Gently toss with half of the dressing. Divide the salad among four serving plates. Top with feta and the chicken breasts. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with olives.
Nothing beats a classic Greek salad for a touch of the Mediterranean. Here, we have paired it with grilled chicken for a filling entree.