Greek restaurants prepare a larger version of this, which is cooked on a vertical rotisserie, often seen being cut into thin, shaved slices. The assembly is simple; the results complex, delicious and memorable.
- 1/2 Cup seeded and pared cucumber, diced
- 1/4 Cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 pitas
- 1/2 Cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 Cup diced tomato
- 1/2 Cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray and add onion and garlic. Cook until soft over low heat stirring constantly.
- Place in mixing bowl with lamb, lemon juice, oregano and cumin and mix thoroughly. Shape into 2 patties.
- Place on rack of broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt and mint in small bowl and mix.
- Cut around edge of each pita bread and pull open to form pocket.
- Fill each pita with half the lettuce and tomato, 1 lamb patty and half the yogurt mixture.
A wonderful cold-weather dessert, Poached Pears in Cinnamon-Ginger Sauce's rich combination of cinna...
What can one say about waffles, topped with sweet peaches and butter pecan syrup? They're heavenly, ...
Southwest Honey Barbecue Spareribs includes a spicy, sweet and deliciously sticky BBQ sauce perfect ...
The smokey flavor of Chipotle pairs well with the subtle allure of chocolate in this illustrious Cho...