Greek Birds with Oranges
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 2 partridges; split in half
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- honey; for drizzling
- 2 oranges; sliced, with peel on
- Wipe birds dry and put into a large shallow dish.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic, and pour over birds.
- Marinate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Broil or barbecue over hot coals, basting occasionally with marinade.
- For broiling, allow 15 minutes per side. Drizzle honey over orange slices and broil until just heated through; serve with birds.
- Pass additional oregano to be sprinkled on birds. This recipe yields 4 servings.
Recipe Source: THE HUNTER'S GAME COOKBOOK by Jacqueline E. Knight