Many years ago, ate this recipe every other day, complementing it with some minor exercise and lost 40 pounds in one summer. Grape Salad is simple, delicious and a complete meal that’s good for you. It is easy to make and contains all the nutrition and fiber you need in a single meal. Try either method of making the dressing and enjoy its flavor and wholesome goodness.
- 1 pound seedless grapes (red, black or green), chilled
- 1 head Boston or iceberg lettuce, thoroughly washed and drained
- 1 Cup mayonnaise*
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 pound poached chicken breast, cut in chunks
- 1/4 pound walnuts, coarsely chopped or slivered almonds
- *replace mayonnaise with 1/2 Cup plain yogurt plus 1/2 Cup sour cream
- Wash and drain the grapes and separately, the lettuce. Use a spinner, if available, for the lettuce.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk thoroughly, incorporating the honey into the mayonnaise or substitutes.
- Add the grapes and fold into the dressing to coat thoroughly.
- If adding chicken and/or nuts, add them to the grapes and coat with the dressing.
- On serving plates, add some lettuce. Scoop the grape mixture onto the bed of lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
Whether served as an appetizer or salad course, Lentil and Carrot Aspic is a flavorful and surprisin...
This light and fluffy couscous recipe is complemented beautifully by the sweet and aromatic Onion an...
These Apple Fritters are simply delicious. Tasty, crunchy, yet soft and tender on the inside, they ...
A delightful salad with apples, walnuts and blue cheese, Insalata Gorgonzola is a great choice in co...