This abundantly flavorful, rich and superb stuffing is simply perfect for your holiday turkey. It makes plenty, so if you need less, save and freeze the extra to use with chicken, duck, pork, goose or another turkey. Always delicious.
- 1 Cup dried apricots; diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups celery; coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow onion; chopped
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 pound herb stuffing mix
- 1 Cup apple pieces; slivered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place apricots and 1 cup Grand Marnier in a small saucepan, and heat to boiling. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat chciken broth to boiling. add celery and onion. Simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the sausage in the microwave oven and chop fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine stuffing mix, apricots with liquid, sausage, slivered apples, onion, celery and broth. Stir to combine. Add remaining Grand Marnier. Stir well to moisten stuffing.
- Season with thyme and pepper to taste.
- Makes enough for 21-24 pound turkey.
Making Yorkshire Christmas Pye is no small feat. Entire teams of cooks would work for days to prepar...
Brittingham's Irish Stew actually comes from Pennsylvania; evidence that the Irish diaspora brought ...
An incredible blending of juxtaposed flavors is created in Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Vi...
Perfect Carrot Salad lives up to its name and includes crunchy, sweet, and delectable ingredients fo...