This abundantly flavorful, rich and superb stuffing is simply perfect for your holiday turkey. It makes plenty, so if you need less, save and freeze the extra to use with chicken, duck, pork, goose or another turkey. Always delicious.
- 1 Cup dried apricots; diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups celery; coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow onion; chopped
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 pound herb stuffing mix
- 1 Cup apple pieces; slivered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place apricots and 1 cup Grand Marnier in a small saucepan, and heat to boiling. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat chciken broth to boiling. add celery and onion. Simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the sausage in the microwave oven and chop fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine stuffing mix, apricots with liquid, sausage, slivered apples, onion, celery and broth. Stir to combine. Add remaining Grand Marnier. Stir well to moisten stuffing.
- Season with thyme and pepper to taste.
- Makes enough for 21-24 pound turkey.
Basel Honey-Spice Cookies are outstanding delights, perfectly paired with a cup of coffee or tea. Th...
Swiss Steak is most often prepared with beef, occasionally with venison. Slow cooking make even a to...
Crunchy Seasoned Oven Fries are best to accompany your burgers, roasts, ribs, barbecue or grilled me...
A unique version of Eggs Benedict, combining tomato, shrimp and salmon with the sultry taste of rich...