The Oyster Bar in New York’s Grand Central Terminus has made this glorious oyster stew the stuff of culinary legend. An outstanding, amazing and delectable meal. Perfect with Oyster Crackers.
A simple pan stew, it is always prepared to order, ensuring it is always fresh and delicious. You never bring this to a full boil, but just to the bring of boiling to avoid the cream curdling. It is an incredibly flavorful treat you’re going to truly enjoy.
- 8 freshly opened oysters
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce of clam juice
- 1/4 Cup oyster liquor
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash of celery salt
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- Place all of the ingredients except half-and-half and one tablespoon of the butter in the top part of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Don't let the top pan touch the water.
- Whisk briskly and constantly for about 1 minute, until oysters are just beginning to curl.
- Add half-and-half and continue stirring briskly, just to a boil.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve piping hot topped with the remaining 1 Tablespoon butter and sprinkled with paprika.
- Note: To make more servings, do 2 at a time. Have bowls hot, and heat half-and-half before adding.
Turkey pastrami is used here to make wonderful Reuben sandwiches originally from Reuben's Deli in Ne...
The aromatic pleasures of Catalan Kale, Potato and Garlic Soup disguise its nutritious and vitamin-r...
Duck, that most versatile bird, pairs perfectly with Jack Daniel's Whiskey, creating this extraordin...
A simple Vanilla Custard is a wonderful dessert. Comforting, smooth and flavorful, its relaxing natu...