The Oyster Bar in New York’s Grand Central Terminus has made this glorious oyster stew the stuff of culinary legend. An outstanding, amazing and delectable meal. Perfect with Oyster Crackers.
A simple pan stew, it is always prepared to order, ensuring it is always fresh and delicious. You never bring this to a full boil, but just to the bring of boiling to avoid the cream curdling. It is an incredibly flavorful treat you’re going to truly enjoy.
- 8 freshly opened oysters
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce of clam juice
- 1/4 Cup oyster liquor
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash of celery salt
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- Place all of the ingredients except half-and-half and one tablespoon of the butter in the top part of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Don't let the top pan touch the water.
- Whisk briskly and constantly for about 1 minute, until oysters are just beginning to curl.
- Add half-and-half and continue stirring briskly, just to a boil.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve piping hot topped with the remaining 1 Tablespoon butter and sprinkled with paprika.
- Note: To make more servings, do 2 at a time. Have bowls hot, and heat half-and-half before adding.
For an extraordinary taste sensation try delicious, delectable Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. This...
Braised Leeks are an awesome and flavorful British side dish, with a direct Welsh connection. Simply...
Braised Onions with Whiskey is a glorious side dish. The whiskey imparts an incredible flavor that e...
Festive Saffron Pilaf is an alluring side dish, with warm, comforting flavors and a wonderful, excit...