Goreng Pisang is a delectable Chinese dessert consisting of deep fried, batter dipped bananas, usually served with ice cream or sorbet. Simply amazing.
Goreng Pisang (Chinese Fried Bananas)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 bananas; peeled
- 1/2 Cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 Cup rice flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons fine brown sugar
- oil; for deep frying
- Slice each banana lengthwise.
- Sift flours and add to water.
- Stir until consistency of cream. Add salt.
- Heat oil and, when smoking, dip each piece of banana in batter.
- Shake off excess and lower into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and roll in brown sugar.
- Serve with ice cream.
As quoted from the book, "This is an exotic way to treat bananas and it's practically a national snack among migrant populations in Southeast Asia who serve it with scoops of coconut or mango ice cream."