Golden Noodle Soup is an amazing compilation of simple and complex flavors often found in Greek tavernas or diners.
Golden Noodle Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 10 cups
- 2 Quarts Golden Broth (follows below)
- 1 big handful whole wheat ribbon noodles (or matzoh balls)
- 1 Cup diced celery
- 1 Cup diced potatoes
- 1 Cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Cup yellow split peas.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Quarts hot water
- Bring broth to a boil in a heavy pan. Add noodles, celery, potatoes, carrots and salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about half an hour.
- Stir in parsley, adjust seasoning and serve.
- Put all ingredients in a large pot and simmer at least half an hour. Strain for a thin stock or puree for a thick one.