Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce are simple morsels of dough, producing outstanding flavor and texture that pleases the palate with every bite. These potato gnocchi have a delectable sauce known to cause wide smiles.
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 russet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large egg; beaten to blend
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup shaved Pecorino Romano
- Cook the butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the thyme leaves. Set aside.
- Pierce the potato all over with a fork. Microwave the potato until tender, turning once, about 12 minutes. Cut the potato in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; discard the skin. Using a fork, mash the potato well. Mash in the salt and pepper. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the egg; discard the remaining egg. Sift the flour over the potato mixture and knead just until blended.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece between your palms and the work surface into a 1/2-inch-diameter rope (about 20 inches long). Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough over a wooden paddle with ridges or over the tines of a fork to form grooves in the dough.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Continue cooking until the gnocchi are tender, about 4 minutes longer. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to the hot thyme-butter in the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Spoon the gnocchi and butter sauce into shallow bowls.
- Top with the Pecorino and serve.
Whether using fresh cherries or frozen, Cherry Pie is a glorious treat that is always a favorite, no...
Pâté aux Poireaux is a lovely cheese quiche - a savory leek tart from northern France and also popul...
Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based reci...
An exceptional potage with a unique blending of flavors, Onion-Garlic Soup with Roasted Poblanos fus...