Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce are simple morsels of dough, producing outstanding flavor and texture that pleases the palate with every bite. These potato gnocchi have a delectable sauce known to cause wide smiles.
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 russet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large egg; beaten to blend
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup shaved Pecorino Romano
- Cook the butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the thyme leaves. Set aside.
- Pierce the potato all over with a fork. Microwave the potato until tender, turning once, about 12 minutes. Cut the potato in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; discard the skin. Using a fork, mash the potato well. Mash in the salt and pepper. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the egg; discard the remaining egg. Sift the flour over the potato mixture and knead just until blended.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece between your palms and the work surface into a 1/2-inch-diameter rope (about 20 inches long). Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough over a wooden paddle with ridges or over the tines of a fork to form grooves in the dough.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Continue cooking until the gnocchi are tender, about 4 minutes longer. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to the hot thyme-butter in the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Spoon the gnocchi and butter sauce into shallow bowls.
- Top with the Pecorino and serve.
Amaretto Peach Ice Cream pairs two glorious flavors, peach and almond, to yield an sultry, smooth an...
One of the best snack foods for the grown-ups this season. We simply love Salted Pumpkin Seeds as so...
Pork Loin Steaks with Apples in a Cider Mustard Sauce is a sweet, tangy and tantalizing dish that en...
Chilled Strawberry Soup is a delectable way to begin a meal. Perfect for entertaining and ideal for ...