Glamorgan Sausages are delicious, cheesy morsels, a favorite dish in Wales, known there as Selsig Morgannwg. The Welsh name may be a mouthful, but so too are these treats.
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion
- 5 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 1/2 Cup leek, finely chopped
- 1 pinch mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce crisp breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce flour
- 2 ounces fat
- SELSIG MORGANNWG
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Separate the egg yolk from the white. Mix the onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, leeks, and seasoning and bind together with the egg yolk.
- Make into sausage shapes, roll in flour. Beat the egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white and roll in the crisp breadcrumbs. Fry in hot fat.
- Makes about six sausages.
- Serve with French fried potatoes or creamed potatoes and peas.
Golden Noodle Soup is an amazing compilation of simple and complex flavors often found in Greek tave...
Eggs symbolize the best of Springtime. Paired in this delicious Asparagus Frittata, they provide a w...
An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with s...
Traditional Scotch Broth is a truly wonderful soup, full of rich flavor. The mutton will be fork-ten...