Glamorgan Sausages are delicious, cheesy morsels, a favorite dish in Wales, known there as Selsig Morgannwg. The Welsh name may be a mouthful, but so too are these treats.
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion
- 5 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 1/2 Cup leek, finely chopped
- 1 pinch mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce crisp breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce flour
- 2 ounces fat
- SELSIG MORGANNWG
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Separate the egg yolk from the white. Mix the onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, leeks, and seasoning and bind together with the egg yolk.
- Make into sausage shapes, roll in flour. Beat the egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white and roll in the crisp breadcrumbs. Fry in hot fat.
- Makes about six sausages.
- Serve with French fried potatoes or creamed potatoes and peas.
The Poppy Fields of Flanders honor those who served in war. Perfect for Veteran's Day or Remembrance...
Sweet, delectable, light and aromatic are words that come close, but just short of an accurate descr...
The earthy flavor of Cepe Consommé, particularly enhanced with Madeira, provides a rich, comfortable...
Always a treat, the more you decorate your Halloween Pumpkin-Shaped Cake, the greater the praise fro...