Filled with raisins, ginger and flavored with vanilla and honey, this cheesecake will have them begging for seconds. Great for weekend entertaining.
Ginger Honey Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 1 Cup fine Graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full crackers)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter; cold cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 pound cream cheese; at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs; at room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cups sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 Cup golden raisins finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon candied ginger; or more (to taste) finely minced
- Butter the sides only of an 8 inch springform pan. Make the crust by mixing the cracker crumbs and 1 Tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it in until all of the crumbs are dampened by the fat.
- Distribute the crumbs loosely but evenly
Note: We have played around some with baking cheesecakes in a water bath, curious to see if it made any difference in the final cake. It seems to improve the texture a little bit, making it creamier. And we're not sure if this is just a coincidence, but the water bath cakes don't split on top after they come out of the oven.