Ginger, Chicken and Coconut Soup is based on Thai cuisine. Refreshing, flavorful, and thoroughly enjoyable, it is packed with deliciousness.
Ginger, Chicken and Coconut Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 750 ml (l 1/4 pints) 3 Cups coconut milk
- 475 ml (16 fluid ounces) 2 Cups chicken stock
- 4 stalks lemon grass, bruised and chopped
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece galangal, thinly sliced
- 10 black peppercorns, crushed
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 300 g (11 ounces) boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 115 g (4 ounces) button mushrooms
- 50 g (2 ounces) baby corn
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) lime juice
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, chopped, to garnish
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- Strain the stock into a clean pan. Return to the heat, then add the chicken, button mushrooms and baby corn. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce to taste and the rest of the lime leaves.
- Serve hot, garnished with red chillies, spring onions and coriander.