Bittersweet chocolate has a unique and rich flavor, stronger and more intense than semi-sweet or milk chocolate. This cheesecake adds a sweet, creamy component creating a glorious dessert. Pop a raspberry on each slice!
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 package Oreos
- 2 1/2 Cups sugar
- 43 ounces cream cheese (yes, 43)
- 5 eggs
- 32 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate (not semi-sweet)
- 20 ounces sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Ghirardelli ground chocolate if unavailable; use cocoa
- CRUST: Mix in food processor. Press into 13 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- CHEESECAKE: Melt chocolate in double boiler, stirring frequently. Set aside. Beat cream cheese with hand mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until smooth. Add one egg at a time, beating after each egg.
- Fold in sour cream, melted chocolate, ground chocolate, vanilla and Bailey's. Stir until even consistency. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until set, approximately 2 hours for 13 inches. Chill thoroughly.
Don't substitute semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate for the bittersweet.
Serve in very small wedges. even heavy eaters can’t eat much at once, and a lot of this may get thrown away because a person couldn’t finish it all.