German Chocolate Cake is a treasure trove of rich, delicious and sweet flavors and a favorite of young and old. Perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. This delight may be frosted in a variety of ways. Always perfect.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- German chocolate icing:
- 1 1/2 Cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1 1/2 Cups vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 Cups coconut
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped pecans
- Prepare cake; in preparing cake, substitute milk for water, butter for oil; add flavorings. Bake according to directions on box.
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE ICING: Combine evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter; vanilla flavoring. Cook above ingredients on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick (about 2 min). Add coconut and pecans. Cook until thick enough to spread.
Steak Soup Gratinée is based on a basic French recipe for Onion Soup, modified to American tastes. ...
Bavarian Apple Torte is a simple and flavorful combination of cheesecake and apple pie with a subtle...
Trenette is a thin, flat pasta from Liguria is ideally suited to a variety of sauces. Wonderful with...
You will find that Winter Minestrone is an absolutely perfect, inexpensive and purely delightful sou...