German Bratwurst are incredibly flavorful sausages, well-suited to grilling, roasting, poaching, or baking. Make these from scratch to maximize the taste you enjoy most. Adjust the seasonings as you desire.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork (or boar) meat; finely-ground 3 times
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Cup water; (approximately)
- casings of medium size; as needed
- Mix seasonings with meat and enough water to give a consistency suitable for pressing into medium-sized casings. Put the stuffing into the sausage casings and tie (twist) in appropriate lengths, evenly.
- Scald sausages in boiling water to cook.
- Brown in butter to serve hot; or scald, then dip into light cream, and broil about 6 inches from the source of heat, turning until evenly browned.
The rich, Tart Raspberry Vinaigrette enhances the flavor of Baby Lettuce in this delicious, refreshi...
The classic Lemony Lemon Squares are an American favorite bar cookie that is sold in eateries, baker...
The Pennsylvania Dutch excel at making hand-crafted pies and have adapted old German recipes into de...
Shrimp cocktail meets the grill in Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Tomato Horseradish Dip, an extraordinar...