An outstanding sponge cake that is perfect for creating other cakes and pastries. It takes very little to turn Genoise Mousseline into a spectacular dessert.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup cake flour
- 1/3 Cup cornstarch
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- Place eggs and yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat by hand to break up. Beat in the sugar in a stream, and place the bowl over simmering water, beating by hand to warm the mixture.
- Beat the mixture by machine on high speed until cold and increased in volume.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together several times and sift them over the egg mixture. Fold in by hand.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and paper-lined 9-inch springform pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the pan immediately and cool on a rack.