The trick with Gazpacho is in the cutting of the vegetables, which is best done by hand in very tiny pieces. In Gazpacho, you do not want large chunks of anything. One of the best soups in the world.
When serving Gazpacho, it may be garnished with a dollop of Sour Cream, but we prefer a drizzle of superior quality Spanish olive oil and a few drops of excellent sherry vinegar.
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 1 Cup rich beef broth
- 1 Cup dry Sherry
- 1/2 red onion; cut into thin rings
- 2 stalks celery; diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 long fresh mild green or yellow chili, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1/2 large cucumber; peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato; diced
- 2 avocados; diced
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced black olives; drained
- 4 ounces diced peeled green chilies
- 4 green onions and tops; minced
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup prepared hot chunky salsa
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 cucumber; for garnish
- 3 lemon slices; for garnish
- salsa, Tabasco sauce, and lemon wedge, for accompaniment
- In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients except salsa, olive oil, garnishes, and accompaniment; chill thoroughly. Stir salsa and oil into gazpacho.
- Using a fork with sharp tines, firmly drag it down sides of cucumber to score skin. Cut into rings. The edge of each slice will be jagged.
- Float cucumber rings and lemon slices on top of gazpacho and serve ice-cold.
- Accompany with salsa, Tabasco sauce, and lemon wedges.
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish tomato-based raw vegetable soup, originating in the southern region of Andalusia. Gazpacho is widely consumed throughout Spain, neighboring Portugal (where it is known as gaspacho) and parts of Latin America. Gazpacho is mostly consumed during the summer months, due to its refreshing qualities.
Molded Cranberry Relish is a fun cranberry recipe that's great for holiday celebrations or weekend m...
The wonderful Grilled Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla may be served as an appetizer or entree, for lunch...
The wonderful flavor or Ratafias make the cookies ideal for use in trifles, custards and ice cream t...
Apple Brown Betty is a classic apple dessert worthy of both praise and appreciation. Its full of swe...