The trick with Gazpacho is in the cutting of the vegetables, which is best done by hand in very tiny pieces. In Gazpacho, you do not want large chunks of anything. One of the best soups in the world.
When serving Gazpacho, it may be garnished with a dollop of Sour Cream, but we prefer a drizzle of superior quality Spanish olive oil and a few drops of excellent sherry vinegar.
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 1 Cup rich beef broth
- 1 Cup dry Sherry
- 1/2 red onion; cut into thin rings
- 2 stalks celery; diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 long fresh mild green or yellow chili, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1/2 large cucumber; peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato; diced
- 2 avocados; diced
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced black olives; drained
- 4 ounces diced peeled green chilies
- 4 green onions and tops; minced
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup prepared hot chunky salsa
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 cucumber; for garnish
- 3 lemon slices; for garnish
- salsa, Tabasco sauce, and lemon wedge, for accompaniment
- In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients except salsa, olive oil, garnishes, and accompaniment; chill thoroughly. Stir salsa and oil into gazpacho.
- Using a fork with sharp tines, firmly drag it down sides of cucumber to score skin. Cut into rings. The edge of each slice will be jagged.
- Float cucumber rings and lemon slices on top of gazpacho and serve ice-cold.
- Accompany with salsa, Tabasco sauce, and lemon wedges.
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish tomato-based raw vegetable soup, originating in the southern region of Andalusia. Gazpacho is widely consumed throughout Spain, neighboring Portugal (where it is known as gaspacho) and parts of Latin America. Gazpacho is mostly consumed during the summer months, due to its refreshing qualities.
Great for a fun dinner or entertaining at parties Mini Burgers may be served as a starter course or ...
In ancient Rome, they used a condiment to flavor everything from appetizers to salads. Called Garum ...
Simple preparation and powerful flavor mark the qualities of Chicken Montemiglio, named for the foun...
Whether you're honoring a birthday, anniversary, holiday or just Springtime itself, lemon-flavored S...