The flavors of Gazpacho Macaroni Salad complement its colorful composition, yielding a tasty treat to accompany your meal with added flavor.
Gazpacho Macaroni Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads, Side Dishes
- 24 ounces uncooked macaroni, preferably rotini
- 2-1/2 Cups chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped black olives
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain. Set aside for 10 minutes, then chill.
- Combine pasta and remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours for flavors to blend.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Garnish with whole olives, cucumber slices and dill sprigs, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Gazpacho is traditionally an uncooked soup of pureed fresh vegetables. Here we have chopped the vegetables and mixed them with macaroni; the result is a healthy and colorful array for all your senses.