When you want a little crunch and added flavor on soups or salads, these flavorful croutons are the perfect thing. Great on Ceasar Salad.
Author: John Ash
Recipe type: Accompaniments
Serves: 1 recipe
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic; smashed
- 1 Cup bread cubes, 1/4-inch square (cut from good day old bread; with crusts removed)
- 1 Tablespoon finely-minced dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-grated lemon zest
- Add oil and garlic to a saute pan and saute garlic over moderate heat so that it slowly browns. This should take 4 to 5 minutes. Be careful garlic doesn't burn or it will become bitter. Remove garlic and discard.
- Raise heat and saute bread cubes in a single layer until golden-brown and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Toss with parsley and lemon zest while still warm.
- Store air tight if not using immediately.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH