A wonderful frozen dessert make of nectarines, grapes and strawberries – a luscious combination that’s hard to beat.
Frozen Summer Fruit Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Fruit Salad
- 1 large nectarine, unpeeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 Cup fresh strawberries; hulled and halved
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 Cup halved seedless grapes
- 2 Tablespoons toasted chopped almonds
- 1 whole strawberries; for garnish
- Reserving 1/4 cup each of the diced nectarine and halved strawberries, place remaining nectarine and strawberries in food processor or blender with lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg, and cream cheese.
- Process or whirl until smooth. Fold in lemon rind, grapes, almonds, and reserved nectarine and strawberries. Divide mixture evenly into six 1/2-cup molds. Cover molds and freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours). Unmold onto plates.
- Let stand in refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole strawberries.
Yield: 6 servings.