Salsa Fragola is a simple Italian sauce, made of fresh strawberries macerated with sugar and balsamic vinegar. Yes, vinegar.
Balsamic vinegar comes in many levels of sweetness and the best are sweet, with very mild acidity, pairing well with berries, peaches, and melons.
Served over frozen custard, gelato or ice cream, Salsa Fragola adds a sweet, mildly tart taste to the dish creating a wonderful dessert.
- 4 scoops frozen custard or ice cream (your favorite flavor)
- 2 Cups Salsa Fragola
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon superfine or confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- Prepare the Salsa by mixing the berries with the sugar and vinegar, and gently tossing with a spoon. Chill and reserve for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, scoop ice cream or frozen custard into four serving bowls.
- Top with Salsa Fragole and serve immediately.
Giardinieria is often seen in Italian restaurants in large gallon-size jars full of colorful sliced ...
Simplicity is the hallmark of both the production and flavor of Cool Zucchini Soup. This is easy to...
The Roast Beef Blues Panini is a superb lunch recipe that perfectly satisfies the most intense hunge...
Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based reci...