Salsa Fragola is a simple Italian sauce, made of fresh strawberries macerated with sugar and balsamic vinegar. Yes, vinegar.
Balsamic vinegar comes in many levels of sweetness and the best are sweet, with very mild acidity, pairing well with berries, peaches, and melons.
Served over frozen custard, gelato or ice cream, Salsa Fragola adds a sweet, mildly tart taste to the dish creating a wonderful dessert.
- 4 scoops frozen custard or ice cream (your favorite flavor)
- 2 Cups Salsa Fragola
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon superfine or confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- Prepare the Salsa by mixing the berries with the sugar and vinegar, and gently tossing with a spoon. Chill and reserve for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, scoop ice cream or frozen custard into four serving bowls.
- Top with Salsa Fragole and serve immediately.
Blueberry, Mango and Quinoa Salad is a thing of both gastronomic and aesthetic beauty. The combinati...
The pairing of homemade Lemon Verbena Ice Cream with Poached Cherry Soup yields amazing, refreshing ...
Sumptuous, bubbling goodness are words that come to mind with this simple All-in-One Tuna Casserole....
The simple preparation of All-American Cole Slaw belies the complexities, nuances and subtle pleasur...