Frittatas are most often served for supper in Italy, but some can be served for any meal. Frittata with Roasted Vegetables is best for the evening meal or Sunday brunch and is simply delicious.
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 ounces); trimmed, and cut in 1" cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper; halved, seeds and stem removed, cut in 1/2" wedges
- 1 small green bell pepper; halved, seeds and stem removed, cut in 1/2" wedges
- 1 large carrot; trimmed and pared, cut in 1/2" diagonal slices
- 1 small zucchini; trimmed and pared, cut in 1/2" diagonal slices
- 1 red onion; trimmed, cut 1" wedges
- 4 cloves garlic; bruised with side of a knife
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- 8 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; divided
- 1/2 Cup shredded or 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place eggplant, peppers, carrot, zucchini, onion and garlic in 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle vegetables with oil. Roast until edges are browned, 40 to 50 minutes, turning every 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in chopped parsley.
- Spread vegetables evenly in heavy 10-inch nonstick skillet. Turn burner to medium heat. (If using leftover roasted vegetables for frittata, heat until very hot, about 3 minutes.) Whisk eggs until frothy and very well blended. Add 2 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano and salt and pepper to taste. Pour eggs over vegetables; cook, without stirring, until eggs set around edges, about 5 minutes.
- Using rubber spatula, lift frittata edge and tilt pan slightly to allow uncooked eggs to run under cooked portion. Cook until eggs are almost set in center, about 10 minutes more.
- Arrange mozzarella evenly over frittata. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano. Cover and cook until eggs are set and cheese melted (if preferred, place skillet under preheated broiler and broil just until frittata is set and cheese melts, about 1 minute).
- To serve, loosen frittata edges and slide it onto large serving platter.
Caldo Gallego is an exciting, flavor-rich Spanish soup, with wonderful ingredients. It gives great w...
The caramelization of pound cake adds a new, rich flavor to Grilled Pound Cake with Warmed Strawberr...
Whether the dead of Winter or the end of Summer, there's nothing as exceptional as a Grilled Ribeye ...
Flank Steak with Garlic Butter are rich and delicious open-faced sandwiches packed with flavor ...