Fried Potato Salad is the most unique way to serve a picnic dish. They may be kept chilled and accompanied by a tossed salad or chilled soup. Perfect with burgers or steaks.
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup cornichon, sliced
- 2 1/2 Cups sweet onion, medium dice
- 2 1/2 Cups celery, medium dice
- 1 1/4 Cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 3/4 Cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, medium
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- flour, as needed
- 2 Cups instant potato flakes
- Place potatoes and salt in a large pot with cold water. Bring to a boil; cook until just tender, drain and cool.
- Transfer to a bowl, toss with cornichon, onion, celery, mayonnaise, buttermilk, parsley and pepper. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Form potato mixture into cakes with a 3-inch mold; chill overnight.
- Mix eggs and milk together. Coat cakes with flour, egg mixture and potato flakes. Deep fry to order until crispy.
- Serve accompanied by a tossed salad or chilled soup.
An amazing Mexican or Cuban cake made with three milks or Tres Leches. A bit tough at first to maste...
Pizzas come in all shapes and forms, but Tomato and Mozzarella Tart with Pesto is delightfully uniqu...
Botsford Inn's Honey Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce is the quintessential recipe for New Year's Day...
Summer is the perfect time to prepare Peach and Ricotta Tart, an exceptional Northern Italian desser...