Fried Potato Salad is the most unique way to serve a picnic dish. They may be kept chilled and accompanied by a tossed salad or chilled soup. Perfect with burgers or steaks.
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup cornichon, sliced
- 2 1/2 Cups sweet onion, medium dice
- 2 1/2 Cups celery, medium dice
- 1 1/4 Cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 3/4 Cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, medium
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- flour, as needed
- 2 Cups instant potato flakes
- Place potatoes and salt in a large pot with cold water. Bring to a boil; cook until just tender, drain and cool.
- Transfer to a bowl, toss with cornichon, onion, celery, mayonnaise, buttermilk, parsley and pepper. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Form potato mixture into cakes with a 3-inch mold; chill overnight.
- Mix eggs and milk together. Coat cakes with flour, egg mixture and potato flakes. Deep fry to order until crispy.
- Serve accompanied by a tossed salad or chilled soup.
Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Mascarpone Sauce is a delightful dessert. The flavors are incredibly refre...
Kladdkaka is a chocolate cake from Sweden. Its exceptional flavor is gloriously complemented by ras...
Simple preparation and no cooking mark Cranberry Pineapple Relish as one of the easiest holiday side...
This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone's face at your table,...