Fried Potato Fingers offer a fun, crispy option for making a marvelous meal even better. Ideal with An Irish Burger. Simple and fun.
Fried Potato Fingers
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 675 - 900 g (1 1/2 - 2 pounds) Russet potatoes
- 50 g (2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 generous pinches of grated nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly in cold water, then boil them for 30 minutes in a covered pan of water until nice and soft. Leave the potatoes to cool before peeling and mashing them in a basin.
- Melt, but do not heat, the butter and pour it over the potatoes with the egg yolks, flour, salt to taste and the nutmeg.
- Work the ingredients together into a smooth dough.
- Using floured hands shape the potato into a long sausage about the thickness of your thumb, then cut it into 5-cm/2-inch lengths.
- Heat the oil a little at a time in a large frying pan. Cook the potato fingers in batches, turning them frequently, until brown and crisp and keep each batch warm on a hot plate as the potato fingers are cooked.
Serving size: per serving Calories: 410