Fresh Tomato Chili Soup is simple and utterly delicious. The flavor of caramelized tomato is beautifully paired with chili, cilantro and lime.
Fresh Tomato Chili Soup
Author: Georgeanne Brennan and Charlotte Glenn
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 tomatoes - medium
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder or cayenne
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 green onion; chopped
- cilantro; chopped
- cumin seeds; crushed
- 1 lime; fresh, cut into wedges
- tortilla chips or bread roll
- Wash tomatoes and broil until skins are brown and shriveled and interior is soft. Skin and puree in food processor with garlic, chili powder and broth.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, cumin and lime. Serve hot or at room temperature with tortilla chips or bread.