Fresh Sage Polenta is an exciting, aromatic side dish perfect as the bed for a variety of your best culinary creations. Wonderful with meats, poultry, or seafood.
Fresh Sage Polenta
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 Quart water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1/3 Cup aged Provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, shredded
- In heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to boil.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal, beating vigorously to remove any lumps. Reduce heat to low; let polenta cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir both cheeses and sage into polenta. Spread evenly into lightly greased, full-size sheet pan. Cool completely.
- Cut polenta into 3-inch squares. Heat in 400 degrees F oven, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Per serving, arrange two polenta squares on plate.