Your friends and family will devour each slice of Fresh Pear and Apple Pie and for good cause — it’s simply delicious and refreshingly wholesome.
Fresh Pear and Apple Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
- 4 Cup apples; sliced in quarters, peeled and seeded
- 4 pears; sliced 4 large quarters, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2/3 Cup sugar; brown, firmly packed
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry for 9 inch pie pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Prepare pastry or thaw frozen pastry and set aside.
- Peel and slice apples and pears. Place in large bowl and toss with lime juice.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Toss with apple and pear slices until coated.
- Turn into a 9x1-1/2 inch deep dish pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry for top crust. Cut slits to vent steam during baking and place over filling. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
The textures of apples and pears blend so deliciously well in this pie with a light and crispy crust. A pie your entire family will love. Make two and freeze one for next week.