Simply delicious. We truly love this classic American pie made with good Southern peaches, and full of sweet, comforting flavor. The perfect dessert for Summer, with little or no baking. Seriously good with a scoop of premium quality ice cream on the side.
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell or crumb crust
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 3 ounces orange or peach gelatin
- 3 Cups fresh peaches; pitted, peeled and sliced
- whipped cream; optional
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan. Bring to a quick boil. Cook until thickened and clear. Add the gelatin, stirring well to incorporate.
- Arrange the peaches in the pie shell.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the peaches and refrigerate at least two hours, uncovered.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, or serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- Place leftover pie in a container and keep refrigerated.
Basmati Lemon Rice is a glorious side dish to accompany spicy dishes. The tangy flavor is balanced b...
For a crunchy, tasty and unusual side dish, try our Broccoli and Blue Cheese in Prepared Puff with y...
Guinness Onion Soup is a perfect soup for St. Patrick's Day or a heart-warming treat on cooler days....
Purists may debate Salad Niçoise's ingredients and origins, but no matter how it's sliced, diced or ...