Simply delicious. We truly love this classic American pie made with good Southern peaches, and full of sweet, comforting flavor. The perfect dessert for Summer, with little or no baking. Seriously good with a scoop of premium quality ice cream on the side.
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell or crumb crust
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 3 ounces orange or peach gelatin
- 3 Cups fresh peaches; pitted, peeled and sliced
- whipped cream; optional
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan. Bring to a quick boil. Cook until thickened and clear. Add the gelatin, stirring well to incorporate.
- Arrange the peaches in the pie shell.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the peaches and refrigerate at least two hours, uncovered.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, or serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- Place leftover pie in a container and keep refrigerated.
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy is an American classic - the embodiment of democratic ideals in ...
Bubble and Squeak is an exceptional way of preparing potatoes and cabbage into a flavorful side dish...
This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone's face at your table,...
For something unusual, refreshing, and tasty, try our Caribbean Papaya-Orange Soup recipe. The kids ...