Sweet and tangy, this wonderful relish makes a great accompaniment for barbecue, roasts, grilled meats, fish or fowl and is superb on burgers.
- 2 pounds nectarines, seeded and diced
- 1 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dark seedless raisins
- 1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup diced crystallized ginger
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl combine all ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 3 1/2 hours to blend flavors.
Serve relish as accompaniment to chicken, pork, duck or ham.