Fresh Nectarine Chutney
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dishes
Serves: 2 Cups
- 1/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 small onion; finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger; minced
- 3/4 pound ripe nectarines; pitted and sliced 1/4 thick
- In a 10-12" frying pan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, onion, raisins, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. Stir over medium-high heat until onion is limp and raisins are lump, about 5 minutes. Add nectarines and stir gently until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes an excellent accompaniment to grilled pork chops.
Per 1/4 Cup: 77 calories, .7 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, .2 g fat, 3.6 mg sodium, no cholesterol.