Fresh Foie Gras, Warm Cauliflower Salad and Madeira Vinaigrette is an extraordinary starter dish that lives up to the name ‘appetizer’. Exquisitely good! This recipe may also be served as a luncheon main course.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 slices fresh foie gras
- 1 teaspoon chives; chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 5 Tablespoons Madeira
- 1 Tablespoon shallot; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Break cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water; set aside.
- Sweat the shallots with 1 tablespoon water until translucent and water is gone. Add Madeira to shallot and cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and creme fraiche followed by the oils, check seasoning. Set aside but keep warm.
- Heat a heavy frying pan, season the foie and cook, without oil. The fat in the foie gras will provide the fat for cooking.
- Warm the cauliflower. Drain it thoroughly on paper. Portion the cauliflower on a plate followed by the foie gras and spoon over the vinaigrette and chives.
Gooseberry JamRecipe Type: Condiments Cuisine: German, Jewish Author: Epicurus.com Kitchen...
Laurel's Lavender Ice Cream offers a lovely, delicious and seductively romantic dessert that is sure...
This recipe for Famous Irish Scones is ideally suited to an afternoon tea or breakfast. Serve them w...
One of our best creations, this simple dish is easy to prepare and amazingly flavorful. Serve it wit...