Fresh Foie Gras, Warm Cauliflower Salad and Madeira Vinaigrette is an extraordinary starter dish that lives up to the name ‘appetizer’. Exquisitely good! This recipe may also be served as a luncheon main course.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 slices fresh foie gras
- 1 teaspoon chives; chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 5 Tablespoons Madeira
- 1 Tablespoon shallot; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Break cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water; set aside.
- Sweat the shallots with 1 tablespoon water until translucent and water is gone. Add Madeira to shallot and cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and creme fraiche followed by the oils, check seasoning. Set aside but keep warm.
- Heat a heavy frying pan, season the foie and cook, without oil. The fat in the foie gras will provide the fat for cooking.
- Warm the cauliflower. Drain it thoroughly on paper. Portion the cauliflower on a plate followed by the foie gras and spoon over the vinaigrette and chives.
They make great food and Vermont Corn Chowder is one of their creamy best. Seriously delicious. Use ...
These tasty, crunchy biscuits are a gem of American colonial cuisine and as modern today as they wer...
Five-Spice Custard Drizzled with Honey makes a glorious end of a superb Chinese meal, adding a sweet...
Swedish Meatballs are a grand old classic with a rich, delectable sauce. They may be served for coc...