Absolutely delicious, aromatic, sweet and tangy, this marvelous fresh chutney is superb. Try it as a spread or dip, or accompaniment to roast fowl.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Condiments
Serves: 4 to 5 Cups
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small piece fresh ginger (1 x 3/4 inch)
- 3 Cups chopped nectarines or apples
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/3 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 Cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 Cup cream of coconut
- Remove any visible seeds from the lemon. Chop lemon to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Chop ginger until minced. Chop garlic until minced.
- Combine lemon, ginger, garlic, nectarines, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar and curry powder in medium saucepan; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add flaked coconut and cream of coconut; mix well.
- Cover chutney mixture; refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.