Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Parfait is an absolute gem of a dessert. The exceptional blend of blueberries, gingersnaps and lemon pudding creates a lasting smile for all who partake. Pure, simple and fantastic. Macerate the blueberries with a squeeze of lemon juice, some grated lemon rind (yellow part only), and some sugar, to heighten the flavor of the glorious berries.
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 12 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed (about 1 Cup)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (2 to 2-1/2 Cups)
- Prepare instant lemon pudding according to package directions, using the milk.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into prepared lemon pudding.
- In either 4 to 6 individual serving glasses or a 1-quart bowl, spoon a layer of the pudding mixture; sprinkle lightly with cookies and a layer of blueberries. Repeat layers one more time, ending with the pudding.
- Refrigerate, covered, for about 30 minutes. Garnish with extra blueberries, if desired.