French Quarter Catfish
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Freshwater Fish
- 24 catfish fillets
- 1 Quart white wine
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons thyme
- 3/4 Cup butter, butter, bacon fat
- 1 paprika
- Louisiana Epicure's Sauce:
- 2 Quarts heavy cream, whipped
- 2 Cups mayonnaise
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 Cup Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1/2 Cup horseradish, prepared
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- LOUISIANA EPICURE'S SAUCE 1. Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
- Blend wine, oil and thyme in large non-aluminum bowl or dish; marinate catfish in mixture 4 hours.
- Remove catfish and drain.
- Place fillets on baking sheets; dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Either broil until fish is brown, sizzling and flakes easily (time depends on heat of broiler), or bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven 30 minutes, or until fish flakes.
- Serve with Louisiana Epicure's Sauce.
- LOUISIANA EPICURE'S SAUCE 1. Combine all ingredients; store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Just before serving fish, spread 1/4 cup sauce on each fillet; pass under broiler.