French Christmas Shallot Stuffing (for a 5-Lb Goose)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Stuffings
Serves: 1 portion
- 5 shallots; minced
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons goose fat or butter
- 3 Cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg; lightly beaten
- 1 or 2 truffles, or bird livers; (optional)
- Saute shallots and garlic in fat until barely wilted; add crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, and egg.
- Check for seasonings.
- Add 1 or 2 truffles, sliced or chopped; or goose livers cut into scallops; or lightly browned chicken or pheasant livers, if you like.
- Cool before using.
Recipe Source: THE HUNTER'S GAME COOKBOOK by Jacqueline E. Knight