Simple, easy and very tasty, Frankfurter Casserole is a great dish to make in a hurry. Perfect for working moms who want to serve something appealing and fun. We recommend all-natural, organic frankfurters to reduce the nitrates and other chemicals used in commercial franks.
- 1 1/4 Cups bean and bacon soup; undiluted
- 1 1/4 Cups water
- 2 Cups all-meat frankfurters; cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion; chopped finely
- 1 green onions; chopped finely
- 1/2 Cup celery; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 Cup ready-mix type biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except biscuits. Boil gently 5 minutes.
- Put about 3/4 cup mixture into each of 8 individual baking dishes and top each with biscuit.
- Bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Serve at once.
Source: Recipes for the Diabetic by Billie Little and Penny L. Thorup.
Per serving: 260 calories
The craze for Kale is hardly new, and was a favorite of healthy Spanish soups, such as Kale Soup or ...
Grilled Sweet Corn on the Cob is slightly crunchy, and deliciously flavorful. The perfect side dish ...
Gado-Gado is a salad from Indonesia, made with a variety of vegetables and dressed with an incredibl...
In cooler weather, the flavors of Winter Green Salad with Walnuts and Persimmons are a wonderful rem...