An exceptional Fourth of July Sandwich, perfect for your Independence Day festivities. Full of rich flavors.
Italian-Americans love the Fourth of July, reminding many of them of the war for Italian independence in the 1860’s, resulting in the unification of the Italian peninsula. Creating this sandwich was, for them, a sign of great respect for the nation that welcomed them with open arms. An immigrant’s tribute to what makes America great.
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 Cup bottled vinaigrette
- 2 Cups arugula
- 6 ounces salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Cup sliced marinated artichokes
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over both halves.
- Divide greens over halves, then layer with salami, prosciutto and provolone.
- Spread pesto over sandwich meat and top with artichoke hearts.
- Put halves together and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into 3-inch segments.
Absolutely wonderful, Artichoke and Bacon Frittata combines the delicious flavors of bacon and artic...
Escoffier's original recipe is still one of the best desserts ever created. Simple yet fundamentally...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...
Friends and family will adore this Passover Brisket, served any time of year. It's rich in flavor an...