An exceptional Fourth of July Sandwich, perfect for your Independence Day festivities. Full of rich flavors.
Italian-Americans love the Fourth of July, reminding many of them of the war for Italian independence in the 1860’s, resulting in the unification of the Italian peninsula. Creating this sandwich was, for them, a sign of great respect for the nation that welcomed them with open arms. An immigrant’s tribute to what makes America great.
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 Cup bottled vinaigrette
- 2 Cups arugula
- 6 ounces salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Cup sliced marinated artichokes
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over both halves.
- Divide greens over halves, then layer with salami, prosciutto and provolone.
- Spread pesto over sandwich meat and top with artichoke hearts.
- Put halves together and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into 3-inch segments.
When it comes to comfortfood on the typical American table, there's nothing quite like Tuna Noodle C...
For a rich and delightful soup that warms the whole body, try our Five-Onion Soup With Gruyère Crout...
Tourtière is a Québécois savory meat pie, served by the slice, full of ground meat and often vegetab...
Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce are simple morsels of dough, producing outstanding flavor and textur...