An exceptional Fourth of July Sandwich, perfect for your Independence Day festivities. Full of rich flavors.
Italian-Americans love the Fourth of July, reminding many of them of the war for Italian independence in the 1860’s, resulting in the unification of the Italian peninsula. Creating this sandwich was, for them, a sign of great respect for the nation that welcomed them with open arms. An immigrant’s tribute to what makes America great.
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 Cup bottled vinaigrette
- 2 Cups arugula
- 6 ounces salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Cup sliced marinated artichokes
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over both halves.
- Divide greens over halves, then layer with salami, prosciutto and provolone.
- Spread pesto over sandwich meat and top with artichoke hearts.
- Put halves together and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into 3-inch segments.
A tradition that grew out of New York's best eateries, Manhattan Clam Chowder could also be called a...
This rich, creamy cheesecake is a superb Italian creation that blends flavors which soothe the palat...
Delmonico Potatoes were standard fare at the elegant, refined Delmonico's restaurant in New York Cit...
There is nothing like Summer Berry Meringue Roulade for a perfect dessert. Ideally paired with brun...