Forcemeat Stuffing for Chicken contains veal, pork and chicken liver, as well as some delicate spices, and is ideally used to stuff roast chickens.
Forcemeat Stuffing for Chicken
This recipe may be used to stuff chicken, or for other purposes, such as making unique stuffed cabbage, pates or terrines, and other creative purposes. Adjust ingredients to suit your needs.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 3 Cups
- 4 ounces veal
- 4 ounces lean pork
- 1 Cup chicken livers, picked over, trimmed
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 large slices crust-less white bread, day old
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 level Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 4 fluid ounces red wine
- 1 large egg
- salt and black pepper
- grated lemon rind (no pith)
- grated orange rind (no pith)
- Put the veal, pork, chicken livers and peeled onion through the fine blade of the meat grinder or food processor.
- Fry this mixture in the butter until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bread, soaked in a little milk and squeezed dry.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add the herbs, citrus zest and wine, and use the beaten egg to bind the stuffing before seasoning to taste.
- Stuff the chicken with this mixture or cook it separately at 350 for 1 hour.