A beautiful, delicious and healthful sandwich, rich in vitamins and nutrients, yet intensely flavorful. We used a Balsamic vinaigrette and an orange vinaigrette. Both worked brilliantly.
- 1 baguette
- 1 Cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Cups arugula
- 3 Tablespoons vinaigrette
- Cut baguette into 2 (6-inch) pieces. Reserve remaining bread for another use. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of bread, distributing evenly. Broil 4 inches from heat source until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. (Be careful cheese doesn't burn.)
- While cheese melts, pit and slice olives and chop tomato. Remove bread from oven and top with olives, tomato and chicken. Return to oven and broil until warmed through and cheese begins to bubble and brown slightly around edges, about 5 minutes.
- Toss arugula with the vinaigrette. Remove sandwiches from oven and immediately top with arugula.
Each serving: 671 calories; 1,549 mg sodium; 143 mg cholesterol; 80 grams fat; 52 grams carbohydrates; 50 grams protein; 2.68 grams fiber.
Simply delicious. You can't miss with this superb, simple and flavorful salsa. Serve with nachos, q...
Caldo Gallego is an exciting, flavor-rich Spanish soup, with wonderful ingredients. It gives great w...
Capirotada is an exceptional Mexican bread pudding of exceptional, unique and delightful flavors. It...
Summer is the perfect time to prepare Peach and Ricotta Tart, an exceptional Northern Italian desser...