A beautiful, delicious and healthful sandwich, rich in vitamins and nutrients, yet intensely flavorful. We used a Balsamic vinaigrette and an orange vinaigrette. Both worked brilliantly.
- 1 baguette
- 1 Cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Cups arugula
- 3 Tablespoons vinaigrette
- Cut baguette into 2 (6-inch) pieces. Reserve remaining bread for another use. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of bread, distributing evenly. Broil 4 inches from heat source until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. (Be careful cheese doesn't burn.)
- While cheese melts, pit and slice olives and chop tomato. Remove bread from oven and top with olives, tomato and chicken. Return to oven and broil until warmed through and cheese begins to bubble and brown slightly around edges, about 5 minutes.
- Toss arugula with the vinaigrette. Remove sandwiches from oven and immediately top with arugula.
Each serving: 671 calories; 1,549 mg sodium; 143 mg cholesterol; 80 grams fat; 52 grams carbohydrates; 50 grams protein; 2.68 grams fiber.
Cobb Salad, created at Hollywood's famed Brown Derby, quickly became a favorite among movie stars an...
No matter how you prepare this flexible recipe, its fundamental simplicity is always treasured. Cool...
Canyon Ranch Burgers are a delectable treat from the amazing spa in Arizona. They're small, tasty an...
Grilled Duck Breast Epicurus is our own wonderful creation. Seriously easy to make, delicious to eat...