Fondue Vaudoise is a delicious, original recipe for fondue coming directly from Switzerland, where fondue was created. Simply wonderful, but best with Kirsch. Extraordinary dining and perfect for cold wintry nights.
- Grate or shred the cheese.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Peel the garlic, halve, rub the inside of a cast iron fondue dish (caquelon) with the garlic.
- Pour the wine into the dish, place the dish on the hot stove (not too hot), add the cheese and stir CONTINUOUSLY until it has melted.
- Blend the corn starch with the kirsch. Stir into cheese fondue. Bring back to a boil, STIR CONTINUOUSLY! Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the dish to a burner and let simmer.
- Impale a piece of bread on the fondue fork and dip into the cheese.
- Serve a dry white wine or black tea with a fondue. Top the meal with a 'small' glass of kirsch (cherry schnapps)!
Tortilla Soup is a wonderful soup, accented with corn and tortilla strips, avocado and cheese, and f...
Crunchy Seasoned Oven Fries are best to accompany your burgers, roasts, ribs, barbecue or grilled me...
For an exceptional treat, try Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pineapple Relish. The flavors are intense,...
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing is a wholesome, tasty and healthful recipe best s...