Fondue Vaudoise is a delicious, original recipe for fondue coming directly from Switzerland, where fondue was created. Simply wonderful, but best with Kirsch. Extraordinary dining and perfect for cold wintry nights.
- Grate or shred the cheese.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Peel the garlic, halve, rub the inside of a cast iron fondue dish (caquelon) with the garlic.
- Pour the wine into the dish, place the dish on the hot stove (not too hot), add the cheese and stir CONTINUOUSLY until it has melted.
- Blend the corn starch with the kirsch. Stir into cheese fondue. Bring back to a boil, STIR CONTINUOUSLY! Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the dish to a burner and let simmer.
- Impale a piece of bread on the fondue fork and dip into the cheese.
- Serve a dry white wine or black tea with a fondue. Top the meal with a 'small' glass of kirsch (cherry schnapps)!
A wonderful appetizer or side dish, Asparagus Latkes are full of earthy flavors and crunchy textures...
Traditionally, Italians make Manicotti with a crepe-like pancake as the shell, not pasta. This Ameri...
King Edward Hotel's Tomato Bisque offers an amazing amalgamation of flavors that please the palate b...
Warm and comforting in cold weather, Cream of Mushroom Soup is delightfully earthy, with flavors enh...