Delightful little Fondant Mints candies make great gifts or treats for the family. Mould them into cake decorations if you wish. Perfect for making decorative additions to holiday desserts. Use a variety of flavorings to suit the holiday.
- 2 Cups water
- 4 Cups Confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 teaspoons corn syrup
- mint extract, to taste
- coloring, as desired
- Put water in a saucepan and add sugar and other ingredients in order given (left to right). Boil, without stirring, to 236 degrees F.
- Pour onto wet platter and cool. Beat with spatula or wooden spoon until thick and white. Knead if necessary.
- Store in covered container at least 12 hours or until needed. It will keep for several months without refrigeration. Heat flavored fondant over warm water.
- Flavor and color as desired. Pour into molds or drop onto waxed paper.
In olden days, one of these Colonial Turkey Pot Pies was a special, rare treat. Based on British me...
Buttermilk Posset is an Anglo-Irish version of panna cotta. Similar in texture, though unique in fla...
Richly flavorful, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes pairs perfectly with roasts or seafood. Simple to ...
This outstanding, simple recipe for Classic Potato Salad is perfect for your summertime picnic or ba...