Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-free recipe is simply wonderful, perfect when paired with berries and ice cream.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces espresso, freshly brewed
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- Combine butter, brown sugar and espresso in a saucepan. Heat to a boil; boil until sugar dissolves.
- Place 12 oz. semisweet chocolate and 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl; pour butter mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly; whisk in eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch cake pan lined with buttered parchment. Place pan into roasting pan; fill pan halfway with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until center is set. Remove cake pan from water and chill, covered, for 8 hours.
- To serve, loosen cake by running a sharp knife around edge of pan; invert onto plate.
- To make glaze, place 4 oz. semisweet chocolate in heatproof bowl. Boil cream and corn syrup together; pour cream mixture over chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake.
What can be better than a hearty Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce to enhance its flavors? Simple, ye...
Making Triple Chocolate Semifreddo is no easy task, but the rewards are truly worth the effort, resu...
Avocado Potato Salad is a richly flavored summertime salad perfect to accompany sandwiches, steaks, ...
Amaretto Peach Ice Cream pairs two glorious flavors, peach and almond, to yield an sultry, smooth an...