Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-free recipe is simply wonderful, perfect when paired with berries and ice cream.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces espresso, freshly brewed
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- Combine butter, brown sugar and espresso in a saucepan. Heat to a boil; boil until sugar dissolves.
- Place 12 oz. semisweet chocolate and 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl; pour butter mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly; whisk in eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch cake pan lined with buttered parchment. Place pan into roasting pan; fill pan halfway with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until center is set. Remove cake pan from water and chill, covered, for 8 hours.
- To serve, loosen cake by running a sharp knife around edge of pan; invert onto plate.
- To make glaze, place 4 oz. semisweet chocolate in heatproof bowl. Boil cream and corn syrup together; pour cream mixture over chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake.
When a recipe is legendary, it is flexible, as this recipe for Chocolate Truffles clearly presents. ...
Breakfast is terribly important in New York. Workers head into the office on a full stomach knowing ...
Black Walnut Christmas Cake is a recipe from Diamond Nuts. It's moist, delicious, crunchy yet soft ...
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries is a simple, easy way to make a quick summer dessert. Perfect for e...