Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-free recipe is simply wonderful, perfect when paired with berries and ice cream.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces espresso, freshly brewed
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- Combine butter, brown sugar and espresso in a saucepan. Heat to a boil; boil until sugar dissolves.
- Place 12 oz. semisweet chocolate and 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl; pour butter mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly; whisk in eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch cake pan lined with buttered parchment. Place pan into roasting pan; fill pan halfway with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until center is set. Remove cake pan from water and chill, covered, for 8 hours.
- To serve, loosen cake by running a sharp knife around edge of pan; invert onto plate.
- To make glaze, place 4 oz. semisweet chocolate in heatproof bowl. Boil cream and corn syrup together; pour cream mixture over chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake.
The richness and smoky oak characteristics of Bourbon makes a perfect flavoring for a luscious ice c...
The sweet and alluring tropical flavor of rum pairs gloriously with chocolate to create Rum Truffles...
One of BLT Steak's signature appetizers, Blue Fin Tuna Tartare from BLT is a very popular dish that'...
Pasta con Sarde is a traditional Sicilian dish served for St. Joseph's Day (March 19th). It is some...