Florida Red Snapper
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 1/4 Cup grated onion
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Thaw fillets if frozen. Cut fish into 6 portions.
- Place in a single layer, skin side down, in a well-greased baking dish, 12x8x2 inches.
- Combine onion, orange and lemon juice, ornage rind, and salt.
- Pour over fish; cover and place in refrigerator to marinate 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with nutmeg and pepper.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
This is standard fare in the Florida Keys. For dessert, Key Lime Pie is almost mandatory.
Serve with a cool tossed salad and sweet potato fries.