Flank Steak with Garlic Butter are rich and delicious open-faced sandwiches packed with flavor. Garlic, butter and steak were made for each other and work brilliantly in this dish.
- 1 flank steak; thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound butter (to 1/2 pound)
- 1 large garlic clove (to 2); pressed
- 1 wide French or Italian bread loaf
- To prepare the steak, heat the broiler or a frying pan. Wash and pat flank steak dry and sprinkle it with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pan-fry or broil to taste. (Rare and medium-rare work best with this cut of meat.)
- Put butter (depending on the steak's size) to melt in a skillet along with garlic. Cut a wide loaf of French or Italian crusty bread into 1-inch-thick diagonal slices and put under the broiler to toast while you're slicing the steak.
- To serve, place 1 or 2 pieces of bread on each plate, top with the flank steak slices and pour the garlic butter on top of the steak and bread.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates