Flank Steak with Garlic Butter are rich and delicious open-faced sandwiches packed with flavor. Garlic, butter and steak were made for each other and work brilliantly in this dish.
- 1 flank steak; thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound butter (to 1/2 pound)
- 1 large garlic clove (to 2); pressed
- 1 wide French or Italian bread loaf
- To prepare the steak, heat the broiler or a frying pan. Wash and pat flank steak dry and sprinkle it with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pan-fry or broil to taste. (Rare and medium-rare work best with this cut of meat.)
- Put butter (depending on the steak's size) to melt in a skillet along with garlic. Cut a wide loaf of French or Italian crusty bread into 1-inch-thick diagonal slices and put under the broiler to toast while you're slicing the steak.
- To serve, place 1 or 2 pieces of bread on each plate, top with the flank steak slices and pour the garlic butter on top of the steak and bread.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
The exceptional, bright, enticing flavors of the Southwest pervade every morsel of Turkey Tortilla S...
Simple, delicious, easy to prepare, colorful and full of flavor, you cannot go wrong making Grilled ...
Malagan Gazpacho ia a simple, yet outstanding soup with extraordinary flavors rooted in Arabic cuisi...
There are few recipes as classy, elegant or delectable for a holiday season table as Classic Beef We...