Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 4 filet mignon steaks (1/2 to 1 inch thick)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 oil-packed anchovy; rinsed in water and minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup salted butter
- 1/2 Cup chopped basil
- Remove beef from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. Begin heating grill at least 20 minutes before cooking. Cook steaks on hot grill until done as desired (about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare 1/2-inch steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare 1-inch steak), turning once.
- Cut red and yellow bell peppers into 1/4-inch strips. While steaks cook, heat olive oil in skillet and saute garlic 30 seconds. Add anchovy, then red and yellow peppers and saute until peppers are soft.
- When steaks are done, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat until foamy. Add basil and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Cut steaks diagonally into 1/4-inch slices and fan out on 4 plates. Pour butter sauce over steaks. Place red and yellow bell peppers beside steak slices.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Each serving: 368 calories; 295 mg sodium; 86 mg cholesterol; 35 grams fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams protein; 0.11 gram fiber.
NOTES: Recipe from "Longhi's" by Gabrielle Longhi (Ten Speed Press; $29.95)