Filet of Beef with Brandy-Mustard Cream Sauce is a very simple preparation, with an easy, but wonderfully delicious sauce. This recipe is heaven for gourmands. Serve with asparagus or Pommes Anna or another side dish.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks - 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick (6 to 9 ounces)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- Melt butter in skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook steaks 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steaks to platter or individual plates. Add mustard and Worcestershire to skillet. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add brandy and ignite with match. When flames cease, return skillet to heat. Add cream; boil until reduced to a thin sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over steaks.
Serving Suggestion: Herb Roasted Potatoes and Peas with Pearl Onions.
Simply exceptional, A Veritable Pumpkin Pie is perfectly suited to the Autumn table, but best at the...
Jasper White's delicious Boston Baked Beans with Maple Sugar blends the subtle, purist flavors of Ne...
Blond Brownies are an American classic and pair perfectly with ice cream, custards or simply a glass...
Laverbread is a traditional Welsh dish made from seaweed. It is a staple of the Welsh breakfast, a s...