This dish was specially created for Epicurus.com by our culinary team. It blends the rich flavors of asparagus with the hearty benefits of white beans and luscious texture of shrimp and pasta.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 box frozen asparagus, drained, rinsed, sliced into 3" pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 8-10 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 9-ounce package fresh refrigerated fettuccine, cooked 3 minutes, drained (1/4 Cup pasta water reserved)
- 6 ounces cooked or canned white cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Parmigiano Reggiano Parmesan, freshly grated
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add beans and asparagus, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Saute 2 minutes. Add the wine and shrimp, toss well and simmer 2-3 minutes until shrimp are just opaque.
- Add reserved pasta cooking water to saute mixture with thyme. Add spinach pasta, toss and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Garnish with lemon.[br][br]Serve with the same wine used in the recipe.